Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Four Step Sorbet


This vegan recipe contains only four simple ingredients. Better yet - all it takes is a blender – no ice cream maker required. Amazingly to me – a non-vegan, it tastes just as delicious as other recipes that I have used in the past which required egg-whites and more fiddling.
 
Ingredients:
1 Xs
4 Xs
Ingredients
1 cup
4 cups
sugar
1 1/2 tsp
3T
cornstarch
2 cups
8 cups
water
2 cups
8 cups
pureed strawberries

Preparation:
  • Dissolve sugar and cornstarch in the water in a large saucepan while stirring over low heat, then boil until thick, like syrup, about ten minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
  • When the sugar syrup is completely cooled, add the pureed fruit and mix well. Place in a plastic container and freeze, uncovered, until it is solid.
  • Cut the sorbet into chunks, and then buzz it in a blender.
  • Put the sorbet back into the freezer and freeze it for another 4 hours.

Note:

  • This sorbet can be made a day ahead – as long as you have an armed guard in front of your freezer – otherwise, it seems to evaporate.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your recipes, Sharon. I clicked on your link from S-I message planning to mine some great genealogy info. I plan to use 2 of the 3 recipes on Sunday for my adult daughter's birthday. Problem: I can't decided whether to do the sorbet or the yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do both. But then, I am probably certifiably insane.

    ReplyDelete